Data Protection Privacy Notice
This notice explains how we use your personal information, sets out your rights under the new laws and explains how the law protects you. If we provide you or a business in which you are linked with a product or service, then we will use your personal information in the ways set out in this notice. If you choose not to give us this personal information, it may delay or prevent us from meeting our obligations. It may also mean that we cannot provide you or the linked business with our products and services. It could mean that we may have to cancel a product or service you have with us.
Who are we?
Camperco is a trading name of Camperco Group Ltd, registered in Northern Ireland (company number NI650851) and a subsidiary of APOLLO TOURISM & LEISURE UK LTD. The following companies are part of the Camperco Group and governed by this Group Policy; Bunk Campers Ltd, Nomad Campervans Ltd, Camperco Ltd and Camperworks Ltd. This privacy notice is to let you know how companies within the Group will look after your personal information. This includes what you tell us about yourself, what we learn by having you as a customer, and the choices you give us about what marketing you want us to send you.
Our Privacy Promise
Camperco wants to be a trusted partner/supplier and is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. We will always treat your information as confidential, even when you are no longer a customer.
How the law protects you?
As well as our Privacy Promise, your privacy is protected by law. Under Data Protection Laws we can only process your personal information where we have a proper reason for doing so. This includes sharing it outside the Group. The law says we must have one or more of these reasons:
- you have entered or you are considering entering into a contract with us for a product or service;
- you have granted us consent to process your personal information;
- we are required to do so by law i.e. a legal obligation;
- it is in our own legitimate interests to do so
A legitimate interest is when we have a business or commercial reason to use your information for example to prevent abuse and loss, to strengthen IT and payment security or for marketing purposes. But even then, it must not unfairly go against what is right and best for you.
What personal data do we collect?
Depending on the product and services you have requested or you are interested in, we collect and process different kinds of personal data, including:
- Contact Information, e.g. where you live and how to contact you.
- Documentary Data, e.g. details about you that are stored in documents in different formats, or copies of them. This could include things like your passport or driver’s license.
- Financial Information, e.g. your financial position, status and history.
- Transactional Information, e.g. details about payments to and from your accounts, including credit cards, with us.
- Contractual Information, e.g. details about the products and services we provide to you and your preferences towards them.
- Communications, e.g. what we learn about you from letters, emails, and conversations between us.
How to withdraw your consent?
Once you have given us your consent you can withdraw it at any time, unless there is another legal reason under the Data Protection Laws that allows us to process your information.
Please note that if you withdraw your consent, we might not be able to provide you our products or services. If this is so, we will tell you. You can withdraw your consent at any time by getting in touch with us at [email protected] or using the contact details at the end of this notice. The withdrawal of your consent will be processed as soon as possible.
Letting us know if your personal information is incorrect
We want our service to always meet your expectations and therefore need the information we hold about you to be accurate and up to date. Please help us by telling us straightaway if there are any changes to your personal information. It is important that you tell us about any changes to your contact details, including your email address or mobile number.
Where do we collect your information from?
We hold personal and financial information about you (or your business) which you have provided to us or which we have collected/received from elsewhere such as:
- when you use our websites or mobile device apps;
- in emails and letters;
- when you talk to us on the phone;
- information you give us on application forms;
- details of who supplies goods and services to you;
- information from other organisations, such as credit reference and fraud prevention agencies;
- in customer surveys; and
- information from people or businesses you are financially linked to.
Why do we collect your information?
Camperco stores and uses your information to manage your purchase of goods and to provide services that suit your needs.
When you submit an order for camper hire to us we need to know your name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, driving licence details, credit or debit card details. We also need to know details of your travel arrangements e.g.: flight arrival times and location.
We gather this information to allow us to process any orders you may make and arrange collection. The relevant information is then used by us, our agents and sub-contractors to confirm your order and process your payment and to communicate with you on any matter relating to your order and the provision of the camper hire in general.
Purchasing Vehicles or associated products
When you complete the purchase of a vehicle or associated products we will use your personal data provided to us to either deliver your goods to the agreed location or to arrange collection.
We may also use aggregate information and statistics for the purposes of monitoring website usage in order to help us develop the website and our services and may provide such aggregate information to third parties. These statistics will not include information that can be used to identify any individual.
From time to time we may provide your information to our customer service agencies for research and analysis purposes so that we can monitor and improve the services we provide. We or our agents and sub-contractors may contact you by post, e-mail or telephone to ask you for your feedback and comment on our services.
We may also wish to provide you with information about special features of our website or any other services or products we think may be interest to you. We may also want to provide you with related information from third parties we think may be of interest to you.
We will seek your consent to be added to our mailing list.
How long do we keep your information?
We will keep your personal information for as long as you are a customer of Camperco. After you stop being a customer, we may keep your data for up to 10 years for one of these reasons:
- to respond to any questions or complaints.
- to show that we treated you fairly.
- to maintain records according to rules that apply to us.
We may keep your data for longer than 10 years if we cannot delete it for legal, regulatory or technical reasons. We may also keep it for research or statistical purposes. If we do, we will make sure that your privacy is protected and only use it for those purposes.
Your Privacy Rights
You have a number of rights under the Data Protection Laws in relation to the way we process your personal data, which are set out below. We will aim to respond to any request received from you in relation to exercising your rights within 30 days from your request, although this may be extended in some circumstances in line with Data Protection Laws.
- You have the right to access the information that we are processing about you and to be told where the information comes from and what we use it for. You also have the right to be informed about how long we store your information and about those with whom we share your information. Your right of access may, however, be restricted by law, for the need to protect another individual’s privacy or consideration for the Camperco commercial business strategies and operations. You must write to us if you want to see this information. Access to your data will usually be provided free of charge, although in certain circumstances we may levy a small charge where we are entitled to do so under Data Protection Laws.
- The right to ask us to correct your information if you think the information that we hold about you is wrong or incomplete.
- The right to object to our use of your information, or to ask us to delete, remove, restrict or stop keeping it if there is no need for us to keep it. This is known as the ‘right to object’, the ‘right to erasure’ or the ‘right to be forgotten’. There may however be legal or regulatory reasons why we need to keep or use your information. We may sometimes be able to restrict the use of your information so that it is only used for legal claims or to exercise legal rights. In these situations, we would not use or share your information while it is restricted.
How to get a copy of your personal information?
You can access your personal information we hold by writing to our Data Protection Officer at the address at the end of this notice.
We are keen to keep you up to date with changes to the service we provide or interruptions to our service, or also to remind you to activate and use the online services for which you have registered. If you have given us your email address or mobile number, we may use these to send you messages. If you do not want us to contact you by email or text message, please contact us and we will delete these details from our records.
Through our marketing we may identify and tell you about products and services supplied by us that we consider may be of interest to you. We may do this by phone, mail, email, text or through other digital media where you have given us your consent to being marketed by these methods. You can decide how much direct marketing you want to accept. You can contact us at any time if you do not want to receive marketing information. Whatever you choose, you will still receive statements, and other important information such as changes to your existing products and services.
How to complain
If you are unhappy with how we have handled your personal information, you can contact our Data Protection Officer at the address at the end of this notice.
You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office. You can call their helpline on 0303 123 1113, or you can visit their website (www.ico.org.uk) for information on how to make a data protection complaint.
Data Protection Officer
We have appointed a Data Protection Officer to advise us about our data protection obligations and to monitor compliance. You can contact the Data Protection Officer by writing to the Data Protection Officer, Camperco Group, Cyril Johnston Complex, Ballynahinch Road, Carryduff, BT8 8DJ.
Date of Issue: May 2018
APPROVED AGENTS & CERTIFIED INSTALLERS
We are campervan experts.
Campervans are our business.
We run one of the largest rental fleets, build high quality campervans, sell parts and accessories online & operate from 5 locations across the UK & Ireland. Learn more about our expertise.
Keith Charlton Group Managing Director