Nomad Guide to Converting your Campervan
1. PracticalityAlways consider the main use of your campervan. Are you a keen camper who goes out in all weathers or an occasional camper who will mainly use your camper as an every day car?
At Nomad we have a range of conversion options available. So, if you don’t need a fridge, heater or wardrobe, our modular approach means we can take them out to keep the cost down.
2. VersatilityWill you find the fixed layout of the traditional campervan restrictive? Do you need boot space for shopping or even space for a bike?
We install Reimo Variotech seating systems which come on rails and offer a fully flexible load space. For maximum versatility chose our Nomad Sport camper with its detachable kitchen pod so you’re not always taking everything…including the kitchen sink!
3. QualityIt makes a difference! Investing in a converter that uses the right materials will pay off over the life of your campervan.
We only use materials from trusted, well known industry suppliers. Quality is built in to every stage of our conversion process from our Wurth electrical cabling to Reimo roofs and Vohringer furniture that is cut and machine sealed in the factory in Germany.
4. SafetyRemember, you are transforming a commercial vehicle into a leisure vehicle!
As an official UK Reimo agent and certified fitter, we only install Reimo roof and seating systems which have passed the German TUV approval. We only install Reimo seats with three point seat belts that have been fully crash tested. All of our seats and roofs carry certification for insurance purposes.
5. ExpertiseFor conversions to vans that have already been registered, a change of use is required on the V5C to re-classify the vehicle with the DVLA.
Nomad conversions are provided with everything required for re-registration. If you are converting a new, unregistered van, it must go through a VOSA Individual Vehicle Approval. We include the IVA free in the price of converting new, unregistered vehicles.
6. Peace of MindIt’s important to have peace of mind after your conversion has been completed. That’s why, all of our conversions and the parts we use come with warranty.
Our campervans for sale will also be serviced, MOT’d and taxed for a minimum of 6 months. Should you have any problems with your camper you will never be stuck, it can be looked at any of our national network of Bunk Campers rental depots.
APPROVED AGENTS & CERTIFIED INSTALLERS
We are campervan experts.
Campervans are our business.
We run one of the largest rental fleets, build high quality campervans, sell parts and accessories online & operate from 5 locations across the UK & Ireland. Learn more about our expertise.
Keith Charlton Group Managing Director